This recipe was provided by a registered dietitian as a bariatric-friendly side you can bring for major eating gatherings like Thanksgiving dinner. Show the other guests that ordinary carrots can get dressed up for a special event. Quick and easy!
This recipe serves 4
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 3 Tablespoons low sugar peach jam
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp ground thyme
- Steam or boil carrots for 15 mins.
- While carrots cook, prepare the glaze. Combine the jam, zest mustard and thyme in a small saucepan. Cook over medium until bubbly, about 2 mins.
- Toss the cooked carrots with the glaze and serve.
Nutrition information per serving:
65 calories, 15 grams carbs, 1 gram protein.